As we know, Social Media Marketing in Sri Lanka allows us to interact seamlessly with others and create and share content through online communities. Since virtually everyone are on social media, this platform serves as an amazing opportunity for businesses of all sizes to promote their business.
Social media allows you to:
– Promote your business and brand
– Inform your customers about your products and services
– Get valuable feedback about what your customers think of your business
– Promote your brand message and attract new customers
– Build a very good relationship with your existing customers
Broader reach: Social media is used by millions of people from around the world so this gives your business a great opportunity to reach out to a greater audience.
Target particular groups: Some of the most popular social media networks, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, allows businesses to send out their brand message to a targeted audience based on particular locations.
Free to Low costs: This is one of the greatest benefits of social media since small businesses can market their brand free of charge. There are paid options too and these are low-cost as well.
Communicate with customers at a personal level: Since social media allows you to communicate with your clients real-time and on a more personal level, it allows your business to build trust among individual clients and groups.
Fast marketing: Since everything on social media can be accessed with virtually a a click of the finger, this means that information can be distributed quickly to many people.
Easy to set-up: You don’t need any high-level skills or bulky equipment to participate on social media and even an average person with a standard computer and internet connection can set-up a social media account with virtually no hassle.
However, everything that has advantages also comes with certain risks and these include:
– Wasted money and time when your marketing efforts offer no tangible return.
– Incorrect information and negative reviews about your business which can spread the wrong kind of information about your business.
– If you don’t follow certain privacy legislations and laws related to copyright, spam and other online regulations, you can even face legal problems.
These risks can obviously be minimized if you educate yourself on the correct implementation and usage of social media marketing.
Different types of social media services
The internet is full of social media platforms and certain types of social media offers different marketing activities. The main social media services are:
– Facebook: Facebook, the most popular social media network, allows businesses to have conversations with customers, post pictures, videos, endorse special offers and respond to customer inquiries.
– Instagram: The most popular photo sharing platform, Instagram comes with many interactive features and the use of hashtag trends have only increased the effect businesses have on social media.
– Twitter: With no more than 140 characters (or now, 280 for some) allowed for a tweet, Twitter is a micro-blogging platform that is quick, hassle-free and interactive.
– YouTube: Videos are a very potent business tool that allows people to share their videos.
– Blogs: More or less and online diary, blogs are highly read sites that has a series of posts related to a particular topic of interest.
– Coupon sites: Businesses that want to offer discount coupons for services, products or events can do so on these sites.
– Location-based marketing sites: Businesses that are looking to deliver targeted marketing messages to their clients in specific location through mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones can use this platform.
– Customer review sites: These sites feature customer reviews of products and services.
In order to further support your marketing efforts, you could also use online technologies such as:
– Developing mobile apps
– Modifying your website in order to make sure that it is mobile-friendly
– Offering your customers the option to pay online